‘Tis the Season! These little delicacies pack a powerful sweet-tart flavor punch. Not only that, but they look awfully pretty in little holiday serving dishes. A little go a long way. The recipe is very easy, but it requires some time to soak the berries in a homemade simple syrup (sugar and water), preferably overnight. Then they are drained, tossed with sugar, and spread out to dry (which could take hours). You… READ MORE
mom cooks gluten free.
KAREN FINE COOKS GLUTEN FREE
SAVOR PAST POSTS...
- The Ultimate Traditional Thanksgiving Feast – Gluten Free
THE Ultimate Turkey **Revised 11/24/2014 – added Popovers, Pumpkin Cake, Sugared Cranberries and Green Beans.** Thanksgiving in our home boasts… READ MORE
- Kourabiedes (κουραμπιές) Greek Festival Cookies – Gluten Free!
My mom made these delicious Greek Festival Cookies every Christmas. I used to sneak a half a dozen or so… READ MORE
- Food Allergy Kitchenware Company has Gluten-Free-Labeled Spoons!
This is one of the coolest table / serving accessories you could own if you or someone you love has… READ MORE
- 6 Ingredient No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Peanut Butter Balls
My new addiction. I have replaced my hurried-morning gluten free protein bar with these high protein peanut butter balls. This… READ MORE
- 4 Ingredient, No-Bake, Oatmeal Peanut Butter Protein Balls
These power balls only take five minutes to make, have four ingredients, no refined sugar and contain protein, fiber and… READ MORE
- Ready-Made Gluten Free “All But Gluten” Chocolate Snack Cakes
Let it be understood that I am all about healthy eating, reducing sugar, and making smart food choices. That being… READ MORE
- Oh Baby! Homemade BabyCakes Donuts (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, No Refined Sugar)
This is something you CAN try at home. BabyCakes is a gluten free bakery in New York City. I was… READ MORE
- Avocado, Spinach and Egg Tossed Salad
A new twist for Sunday brunch! Avocados, spinach, clementines, cherry tomatoes, gluten free toast and Asagio cheese – all topped… READ MORE
- The Longevity Kitchen Cookbook!
My wonderful friend, Caroline, from My Food My Health sent me this terrific cookbook about four months ago. I have… READ MORE
- Three Ingredient, No Bake Peanut Butter Balls
I was craving my mom’s peanut butter balls that she always rolls out during the holiday season. These are very… READ MORE
- Hot Apple Pie Calzone – Gluten Free
In a previous post, I mentioned how wonderful it was to find ready-made gluten free dough in my refrigerator section… READ MORE
- Yummy Mummy Dogs – Gluten Free!
Take me to your mummy! Just in time for Halloween… I almost never thought I’d see the day where… READ MORE
- Lemon Parmesan Haricot Verts
This is my new “go to” side dish! I was inspired to cook something fabulous in my beautiful new bakeware… READ MORE
- Wild Pacific Salmon – In Season Now!
Oh yeah! It is time. Fresh Wild Pacific Salmon is swimming to an establishment near you! Run, don’t walk, to… READ MORE
- Babycakes NYC – Gluten Free and Vegan Mecca for Sweets
As if I wasn’t completely spoiled enough by my new friends and family surprising me with gluten free meals over… READ MORE
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Cilantro Lime Greek Yogurt Sauce
Grilled Fish Tacos happen to be one of my favorite meals, and very easy to make. Did I mention all… READ MORE
- Monica’s Italian Bistro – Gluten Free Italian Restaurant
This restaurant in Iowa City, Iowa, deserves a “shout out” or cartwheel, if you’re into that kind of thing, for… READ MORE
- Amazing Popovers – Easy and Gluten Free
**Revised/simplified 11/24/2014** Every Thanksgiving, my oldest son requests these amazing gluten free popovers. The popovers in this picture were made… READ MORE
- Black Bean Cilantro Spaghetti Squash
You would never really know how much I disklike squash from what I’m about to say. However, please take note…. READ MORE
- Lemony Butter Chicken Piccata – Gluten Free
This recipe is on my “when-in-doubt” list. That list happens to cover “what do I make tonight,” “guests are coming,”… READ MORE
- Grilled Brown Sugar Chicken with Bacon and Rosemary
The obsession continues. Did I mention how much I love my grill? Summer may feel like it’s coming to an… READ MORE
- Vegetarian Black Bean and Olive Mexican Casserole
Okay, truth be told, I just needed an excuse to use my new casserole dish that I bought this spring… READ MORE
- Lon’s Summer Salad
Not too long ago I was at a beautiful summer San Diego wedding and found myself standing behind this very… READ MORE
- Favorite Rice Vinegar, Olive Oil and Salt Salad Dressing
Three ingredients. My favorite salad dressing. Light, tangy and delicious. All I can say is, “you have try this!.”
- Easy-Bake Homemade French Fries
Four ingredients and 30 minutes = delicious homemade french fries. Looking for some fun kitchen cooking with the kiddos? Or,… READ MORE
- Rosemary Dijon Chicken and Veggie Skewers
Bring on summer! After a long day of gardening…okay two hours of patio gardening…it seemed like the most logical next… READ MORE
- How to Plant an Herb Garden in Two Hours
At some point, it just seems cost preventative to keep going to the store to buy fresh herbs. As much… READ MORE