My wonderful friend, Caroline, from My Food My Health sent me this terrific cookbook about four months ago. I have been cooking my way through it and I feel utterly compelled to rave about it. I was in love with it immediately and cook out of it religiously. It is written by Rebecca Katz, with Mat Edelson, and they focus on “smart nutrition with superb flavor.” The cleverly written and delightful-to-read book… READ MORE
mom cooks gluten free.
KAREN FINE COOKS GLUTEN FREE
SAVOR PAST POSTS...
- Three Ingredient, No Bake Peanut Butter Balls
I was craving my mom’s peanut butter balls that she always rolls out during the holiday season. These are very… READ MORE
- Hot Apple Pie Calzone – Gluten Free
In a previous post, I mentioned how wonderful it was to find ready-made gluten free dough in my refrigerator section… READ MORE
- Yummy Mummy Dogs – Gluten Free!
Take me to your mummy! Just in time for Halloween… I almost never thought I’d see the day where… READ MORE
- Lemon Parmesan Haricot Verts
This is my new “go to” side dish! I was inspired to cook something fabulous in my beautiful new bakeware… READ MORE
- Wild Pacific Salmon – In Season Now!
Oh yeah! It is time. Fresh Wild Pacific Salmon is swimming to an establishment near you! Run, don’t walk, to… READ MORE
- Babycakes NYC – Gluten Free and Vegan Mecca for Sweets
As if I wasn’t completely spoiled enough by my new friends and family surprising me with gluten free meals over… READ MORE
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Cilantro Lime Greek Yogurt Sauce
Grilled Fish Tacos happen to be one of my favorite meals, and very easy to make. Did I mention all… READ MORE
- Monica’s Italian Bistro – Gluten Free Italian Restaurant
This restaurant in Iowa City, Iowa, deserves a “shout out” or cartwheel, if you’re into that kind of thing, for… READ MORE
- Amazing Popovers – Easy and Gluten Free
Every Thanksgiving, my oldest son requests these amazing gluten free popovers. Before the days of King Arthur’s Gluten Free Multi-Purpose… READ MORE
- The Ultimate Traditional Thanksgiving Feast – Gluten Free
THE Ultimate Turkey Thanksgiving in our home boasts just about the same dinner menu every single year. This is… READ MORE
- Black Bean Cilantro Spaghetti Squash
You would never really know how much I disklike squash from what I’m about to say. However, please take note…. READ MORE
- Lemony Butter Chicken Piccata – Gluten Free
This recipe is on my “when-in-doubt” list. That list happens to cover “what do I make tonight,” “guests are coming,”… READ MORE
- Grilled Brown Sugar Chicken with Bacon and Rosemary
The obsession continues. Did I mention how much I love my grill? Summer may feel like it’s coming to an… READ MORE
- Vegetarian Black Bean and Olive Mexican Casserole
Okay, truth be told, I just needed an excuse to use my new casserole dish that I bought this spring… READ MORE
- Lon’s Summer Salad
Not too long ago I was at a beautiful summer San Diego wedding and found myself standing behind this very… READ MORE
- Favorite Rice Vinegar, Olive Oil and Salt Salad Dressing
Three ingredients. My favorite salad dressing. Light, tangy and delicious. All I can say is, “you have try this!.”
- Easy-Bake Homemade French Fries
Four ingredients and 30 minutes = delicious homemade french fries. Looking for some fun kitchen cooking with the kiddos? Or,… READ MORE
- Rosemary Dijon Chicken and Veggie Skewers
Bring on summer! After a long day of gardening…okay two hours of patio gardening…it seemed like the most logical next… READ MORE
- How to Plant an Herb Garden in Two Hours
At some point, it just seems cost preventative to keep going to the store to buy fresh herbs. As much… READ MORE
- Green Berry Greek Yogurt Smoothie
In keeping with my recent rave of the healthy benefits of Greek yogurt, I’ve changed up the Green Berry Smoothie… READ MORE
- Memorial Day Mojito!
I love my mojitos. Ever since Juan at the resort I stayed at when I was in Cabo San… READ MORE
- Greek Yogurt Baked Potato: Why Greek Yogurt?
The pseudo-guilt free baked potato! I love my baked potatoes, but when loaded with butter and sour cream, it becomes… READ MORE
- “Lick-the-Bowl-Clean” Italian Sausage Spaghetti Sauce
This is my favorite “lick-the-bowl-clean” spaghetti sauce and it’s very easy to make. Have a date night coming up? Family… READ MORE
- Super Green Berry Sorbet – “Cool” idea for left-over morning smoothie!
After making my morning Super Green Berry Smoothie, I always seem to have almost a full serving left over. It’s… READ MORE
- Spinach and Manchego Cheese Frittata
Manchego cheese is one of my favorite cheeses. It comes from the Manchego sheep breed and has a firm texture,… READ MORE
- French Meadow Bakery Frozen Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – Gluten Free
These cookies were amazing, but I have to admit….the draw is having frozen chocolate chip cookie dough in the freezer… READ MORE
- Los Tres Gallos – Gluten Free Dining in Mexico
On spring break this year, I had the best authentic Mexican food I have ever tried. Guess where? It’s crazy,… READ MORE