Amazing Popovers – Easy and Gluten Free
Every Thanksgiving, my oldest son requests these amazing gluten free popovers.
The popovers in this picture were made with King Arthur’s Gluten Free Multi-Purpose Flour, If you can’t find King Arthur GF Flour, the blend is rice flour, tapioca starch, potato starch and brown rice flour. There are many gluten free flour blends on the market today that contain these ingredients.
This is a very simple recipe. Blend the ingredients in a blender and pour into pan.
The pans are preheated. Then you pour into the hot pan. Bake.
If you haven’t made something like this before…take note. They’re “popovers” because they fill with air and rise with the heat.
After 20 minutes of baking, slit each popover at the top to allow the air to escape so they will maintain their shape after baking. Continue to bake 5-10 more minutes until they are golden brown.
These are delicious served plain, dipped in gravy or smothered in butter. (I know, that’s “bad” but it’s so good.)
*You will need a popover pan (very deep muffin pan) for this to work properly. I got mine for about $16 at Bed, Bath and Beyond, but they’re sold anywhere they sell cooking/bakeware.
Amazing Popovers - Easy and Gluten Free
- 4 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Gluten Free Multi-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 1/4 cup lukewarm milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 deg F. Grease a 6-cup popover pan.
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Preheat the popovers pan for 5 minutes. "Caution: Hot" Then using a potholder, set the pan on the stove and fill each cup 2/3 full.
- After 20 minutes of baking, slit each popover at the top to allow the air to escape so they will maintain their shape after baking. Continue to bake 5-10 more minutes until they are golden brown.
- Let them stand for 5 minutes and then serve immediately.