Easy-Bake Homemade French Fries
Four ingredients and 30 minutes = delicious homemade french fries.
Looking for some fun kitchen cooking with the kiddos?
Or, maybe, just for the kid in you?
These were at the request of my children, so they are not spiced up. (They would have been GREAT drizzled with truffle oil and garlic salt!)
It’s a very simple process to bake these and much healthier than boiling in oil.
Slice them to desired thickness, toss in a bowl with a little vegetable oil, salt and pepper and then broil at 500 deg F for 25-30 min until crisp! (flip at least once)
Easy Bake Homemade French Fries
- 2 medium russet potatoes, washed and scrubbed
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp pepper (to taste_
- Preheat broiler to 500 deg F and move a baking rack right under it.
- Slice the potatoes into thin strips. Start by cutting the potato in half lengthwise. Then continue to slice long pieces. Put those pieces on their side and cut into strips. (you can leave the peel on or off - your choice!)
- Put in a large bowl and sprinkle oil, salt and pepper over them. Toss until all well coated.
- Place on a cookie sheet and put under broiler for 25-30 minutes until crisp and brown. Flip them 1-2 times as necessary.