“Lick-the-Bowl-Clean” Italian Sausage Spaghetti Sauce
This is my favorite “lick-the-bowl-clean” spaghetti sauce and it’s very easy to make.
Have a date night coming up? Family night? End-of-a-long-hard-week-need-a-glass-of-red-wine-and-bowl-of-spaghetti night?
Look no further. Simmer the sauce. Boil some water for pasta. Cook. Done.
So, there’s just a little sautéing to get it started, but that’s just some onions and garlic in olive oil. The rest is just simmering.
Saute. Simmer. Cook. Serve.
Lick-the-Bowl-Clean Italian Sausage Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole yellow onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 3/4 lb Italian sausage links, mild (casing removed)
- 29 oz tomato sauce
- 29 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red wine (optional)
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano (or 3 Tbsp fresh oregano)
- 1 Tbsp dried basil (or 3 Tbsp fresh basil)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 whole dried bay leaves (remove from sauce before serving)
- Saute the onions and garlic in the oil over medium heat in a sauce pan for 3-4 minutes, or until onion is clear.
- Add the sausage and sauté until brown.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer 30 minutes and up to six hours. (the longer the simmer, the richer the flavor)
- Serve over your favorite gluten free pasta!