Grilled Pineapple and Pepper Salad – Gluten Free
On my recent trip to Minnesota, we must have grilled every single night. This was definitely the night of the shish kabob feast.
For something different, my dad recommended using the grill basket for my vegetarian dish and it was a fun change from the kabobs. (Although, I’m sure they probably would have tasted the same on a skewer!)
This was my favorite dish from the feast but I must provide a tip.
Um, how to say this delicately?
Make sure the peppers are cooked well to avoid unpleasant side effects.
If you haven’t experienced side effects from raw peppers, then you probably don’t need to read this.
The fruit that I left out that would have been delicious with this? Strawberries!
Grilled Pineapple and Pepper Salad - Gluten Free
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped in large wedges
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped in large wedges
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped in large wedges
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped in large wedges
- 1 apple, chopped in large wedges (I used gala)
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped in large wedges
- 2 tsp crushed garlic and garlic juice
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- For gas grill - heat burners to medium/high. For charcoal grills, heat coals as usual until they are white/ash.
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl, coating well with oil and garlic.
- Place in a grill basket and cook over medium heat with grill cover down until peppers are soft. Toss occasionally with grill spatula for even cooking.
- Serving suggestions: Basmati (or your favorite) rice