Shrimp and Scallop Pasta in Lemon Wine Sauce, Gluten Free
Really, just about anything seems to taste great when it’s sauteed in butter, lemon and white wine. What else is in it? Something about scallops and shrimp…even some garlic and parsley. But did I mention the butter, lemon and white wine?
The real star of this dish is actually the gluten free Schar spaghetti. Schar is a German brand of gluten free pasta and has been my undisputed favorite since I found it several years ago. It’s starting to show up in a variety of stores and is also available at www.amazon.com.
I’m not even going to say it tastes like “real” pasta. It’s BETTER than real pasta. It is nothing like the brown rice pastas that get mushy and bland.
This pasta holds it’s shape, doesn’t need rinsing and has a “beter-than-real” taste and texture.
Once you gather all the ingredients, this dish is easy to make. It does require three pots on the stove, so orchestrate that accordingly.
And, at the end, if you feel the need to lick the plate clean, go ahead. We won’t tell.
Boil pasta according to package. (This is Schar gluten free spaghetti. The BEST.)
Rinse and drain shrimp and scallops.
Add wine and roux. Stir well over medium heat until thick.
Squeeze in lemon juice and stir.
Drain spaghetti and spoon seafood and sauce on top.
Shrimp and Scallop Pasta in Lemon Wine Sauce - Gluten Free
- 4 -6 cups gluten free pasta (I used Shchar spaghetti)
- 3 qts water
- 1/2 lb small scallops
- 1/2 lb small cooked shrimp, peeled and devined
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp gluten free flour (I used Bette Hagman GF Rice Blend)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup shallot, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese, grated *optional*
- Bring a large 4 qt pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package.
- Rinse and drain the scallops and shrimp.
- Melt 3 Tbsp of butter. Add the flour and cream. Stir until smooth. Add salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet or wok, melt the remaining butter and saute the shrimp, scallops, parsley, shallots and garlic. (approx 3-4 minutes)
- Add the roux and wine to the shrimp mixture and stir well. Cook over medium heat until thick. (approx 5 min)
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice into shrimp mixture and stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta.
- Spoon seafood sauce on top of pasta. Serve.
- *Optional - top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.