Gluten Free Pizza Party for the Kids!
Whether you’re gluten free or not, setting up a “make your own pizza” bar for a house full of children is always a big hit.
It not only covers the picky eaters, but aims to please the vegetarians, the carnivores, and just about every dietary restriction and/or food aversion in between.
There are quite a few gluten free pizza mixes on the market that are perfect if you have the time to prepare them with your little guests. Homemade pizza crust is fun, but definitely adds time, and dare I say, quite a mess.
However, if multiple children sticking their hands in the pizza dough isn’t your thing, you are in luck!
In today’s gluten free world, there are also a lot pre-made pizza crusts that are affordable and readily available in all the specialty stores. (Schar, Udi’s and Kinnikinnick are three brands that I use all the time!)
Even grocery stores are starting to carry gluten free pizza crusts! <insert pigs flying here!>
The pizza crust you see in this picture is from Schar. It is not in the frozen section and there are 2 8″ pizza shells to a box. They are vacuum packed and shelf stable. Terrific flavor and texture, as well as slightly thicker than most pre-made gf crusts.
The fun part is that kids get to choose their own toppings.
Yes. My children, of course, still don’t want anything on top of their pizza but sauce and cheese. Sigh.
Have no fear! Those other wonderful ingredients did not go to waste as my friend Julie’s children will even put mushrooms and olives on their pizza!
Feel free to use your favorite ingredients instead of the ones shown here. The more variety, the better!
Gluten Free Pizza Party
4 individual pizzas
- 4 8" gluten free pizza shells
- 1 cup gluten free pizza sauce or tomato sauce (Prego Traditional)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup gluten free pepperoni, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- Pre-heat the oven according to pizza box directions.
- Have all of the ingredients available in individual bowls.
- Have each child put their preferred toppings on the pizza.
- Place on pizza pan or cookie sheet and bake according to directions on pizza crust box.