Canadian Bacon and Goat Cheese Frittatas – High Protein, Low Carb
If you have 20 minutes in the morning, you could make a variation of these every day! They’re high in protein, low carb and can also easily be made dairy free. (just substitute the milk with water )
Turns out that they also travel well and can be packed up in a lunch box – to serve hot or cold. (although I much prefer them HOT)
It’s egg – plus your favorite thing to eat with eggs. How easy it that?
For today’s frittatas, I opted for the goat cheese and Canadian bacon.
This recipe makes six cupcake-sized mini frittatas and takes 20 minutes from start to finish.
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup of whole milk (can substitute water, soy milk, almond milk, or rice milk)
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese (can be left out, along with the milk to be dairy free)
- 1/3 cup finely diced Canadian bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 deg F and spray muffin tins with gf non-stick cooking spray (I use Pam Original)
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl
- Pour into muffin tins, almost to the top (tip – fill any empty muffin holes with water for more balanced baking)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until eggs are puffing up and slightly firm to the touch
- Gently remove with spatula (they will reduce in puffiness as they start to cool)
- Add your favorite veggies
- Add a little salsa for a Mexican flare
- Add Italian parsley and prosciutto for an Italian twist
- Add feta cheese, tomatoes and black olives for a Greek breakfast