Grandpa’s Beer Bread – Gluten Free!
Well, waddya know? The new gluten free Bisquick played the part in my Grandpa’s Beer Bread recipe just like the “real” Bisquick! This is incredibly easy to make. Only four ingredients: mix, pour and bake. The Bisquick definitely made it light and airy, while the gluten free beer added the “beer” flavor.
You can use any gluten free beer, but the flavor does come through, so pick your favorite. The lighter ambers work best – Redbridge or Greens Double Blonde Ale are both gluten free. We used to always serve this with BBQ ribs but it makes a great side to just about any dish!
This recipe serves 6-8 and takes 40 minutes from start to finish.
Grandpa's Beer Bread - Gluten Free!
- 2 cups Gluten Free Bisquick
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 12 oz gluten free beer
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Spray a 8x8 glass baking dish with Pam Original (or other gluten free spray).
- In a large bowl, mix the gluten free Bisquick and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and beer.
- Add the egg/beer to the Bisquick/Sugar. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 20-25 min.
Prep Time: 05 - 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 - 25 Minutes
Total Time: 25 - 35 Minutes
The batter will be very thick.
The bread will be very light!