Grilled Corn & Black Bean Salad with Balsamic and Cilantro Dressing – Gluten Free
This is my new “go to” salad. It’s incredibly delicious, easy to make, and travels well. I grilled the corn first because there is still a great selection of summer corn available, but if you’re in a hurry, you can just use frozen (thawed) or canned corn.
This recipe took 15 minutes to make. I let it marinate and chill overnight, but 30 minutes is enough time for the flavors to really start to sink in.
Grilled Corn & Black Bean Salad with Balsamic and Cilantro Dressing
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp jalapeno chili (optional)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Heat the grill to high.
- Rub the vegetabe oil on the corn and grill, covered, for approximately 6-8 minutes. Continue to rotate the corn every 2 minutes for even cooking. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, oilive oil, salt, pepper, sugar, cumin and chili powder.
- Slice the corn off the cob and place in a bowl.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno and can of beans.
- Add dressing and gently toss.
- Chill or serve warm.