Crab and Herb Stuffed Peppers – Quick and Easy
There are many nights where there just isn’t enough time to make something fancy, but I need just a little more than a peanut butter sandwich (on gluten free bread, of course). Crab-stuffed peppers are delicious and very easy to make. You just mix everything together, stuff a couple of peppers and bake them for about 25 minutes.
This recipe takes less than 45 minutes to make and serves two.
- 8-10 oz fresh lump crab meat (don’t use imitation crab – it has wheat in it!)
- 2 large bell-peppers (green, orange or yellow)
- 1/4 cup gluten free bread crumbs (I used Ener-G)
- 1 Tbsp mayo (organic and/or all natural is best)
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped basil
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped scallions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lemons
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F
- Slice the tops off the green peppers and remove seeds and white membrane with your fingers.
- Slice just enough off the bottom so they will sit without rolling around. (try not to slice a hole in the bottom)
- Mix all of the above ingredients together, adding one at a time, except the lemon.
- Fill each pepper with the crab mixture
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes until the peppers are slightly soft, yet still firm enough to hold their shape.
- Let cool five minutes
- Sprinkle with fresh lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.
On the way into the oven